Services>REGISTRATION>Permits and Licenses

Permits and Licenses

  Business Privilege Permit

  A business privilege license allows officials to know who is conducting business in the city, as well as the location and type of business. This assists City officials to make sure that a business is located in an area that is properly zoned, as well as ensuring that the business has adequate access to basic City services.

  Sanitation Permit

  A certificate that is issued by an authorized governmental inspection agency that confirms the facility and/or cargo has been inspected and meets the minimum sanitary requirements. These are generally required for meat and food processing facilities, seed manufacturing facilities and any food, seed or livestock transported across international boundaries. Local jurisdictions may also require inspections and sanitary certificates for restaurants and other food vendors.

  Building Permit

  A construction permit or building permit is a permit required in most jurisdictions for new construction, or adding onto pre-existing structures, and in some cases for major renovations. Generally, the new construction must be inspected during construction and after completion to ensure compliance with national, regional, and local building codes. Failure to obtain a permit can result in significant fines and penalties, and even demolition of unauthorized construction if it cannot be made to meet code.

  Massage Permit

  Before you accept your first client, you must make sure your licenses and permits are all up to date. Be sure you check with your local area, as laws can differ. Remember, too, that there's a difference between the professional license you are required to have (in most states) before you can practice massage therapy and the commercial license you need to run a business.

  Food Stamp License

  To accept SNAP food stamps in your store, you must get a SNAP permit. To get a permit, you must file an application with the USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS). The FNS is the government agency in charge of SNAP food stamps. The SNAP permit is free.

  You must have a permit for each store you own, and the permit must be in your name. You cannot take over someone else's SNAP permit.


  City Business Privilege License-------------------------------------------$100

  Food Establish Certificate/Other-------------------------------------$150-$200